Hi everyone! Well, it’s my first day back into the land-of-the-eating! I have enjoyed every mouthful since my 7-day-juice-fast, especially one of my favourite meals that I just devoured - som tam with sticky rice!
I have minus 29 minutes before I was meant to leave for a camping trip, but work, this post, and my unfortunate delay of packing means I’m still at home.
My most popular post on SPW is my tutorial showing how to make clothing buttons using shrink paper/plastic. Something that I always meant to get around to doing was to show how to shrink the buttons using a craft embellishment heat gun – which I have finally done! Check it out below:
- See my other tutorial here for more info on how to make the buttons, and what material I used. Also, read there why I highly recommend using the EK Success Millennium Pen Set .05 Line 8-Pack, Assorted Colors.
- Please be careful! You could hurt yourself if you decide to burn yourself (don’t aim the heat gun at any body parts).
- I am using a craft embellishment gun, like this one. Not an industrial heat gun, like this one. Big hot difference!
- If you’re going to shrink a lot of buttons all at once, the plate will become warm. The shrink plastic is likely to stick to this, so rotate plates between each one to keep them from getting warm, or use a different area of the plate.
- If you want to do this, but don’t have a heat gun, you can use an oven. See the original post here.
If you have any questions, I’ll update this list here! Have fun!