Recently I realised how much I admire potatoes for the satisfaction and fill-factor they provide. To me, they’re like a blank canvas… You can flavour as you want, and cook to whatever texture you desire! I am hands down a fan of the crunch-factor.
Although it’s easy to cook potatoes like this, I thought it was worth sharing a pic where I thought they looked like gorgeous golden clam shells. I was expecting people for dinner last Friday as wasn’t sure whether I would have enough food, so I thought I would break the potatoes in half (after I had prepped them), and voila, double the pieces!
To make Hasselback Baked Potatoes:
- Cut large potatoes on half (length ways)
- Slice to create cuts seen in the pic (but don’t cut all the way through!)
- Lay on lightly oiled baking dish, spay lightly in oil.
- Season with you favorite flavours.
- Cover in tin foil.
- Place in Oven for 40-50mins. Check on them every now and then. You are looking for a golden colour, with a but of crunch around the edges.
- To make them extra crispy, remove the foil for the last 10 minutes.
For this dish I flavoured it with a touch of salt and pepper as they were served with gravy. Enjoy!